Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentines DIY Chocolate Face mask


I wanted to find an awesome smelling mask incorporate with chocolate just in time for Valentines day. After researching some great products for your face I found that Chocolate, Honey and Milk would be a yummy moisturizing mask. 


What you need:

Honey (Honey is a naturally healing moisturizer, full of natural enzymes and vital nutrients, such as vitamins C, D, and E, to leave skin soft and healthy.)

Milk 2% or whole-softens your skin. Plus help moisturize, while at the same time
tightening wrinkles and refining pores.

Cocoa powder or chocolate mix with cocoa and coconut oil. ( I used a premelted mixed with pure Cocoa and coconut oil from nestle tollhouse) Cocoa is high in anti-oxidants that help reverse the effects of aging skin and helps improve the overall tightening of the skin.

mixing bowl/cup

The packets I had came premixed and I had used a whole packet, Otherwise mix a few tablespoons with some a tblspn coconut oil - If you want left over for the fridge for another day you can make more. I then added about a teaspoon of clover honey. (organic honey preferred) then I added about a 1/2 - 1 cup of milk and mixed it all up!  


Apply a layer of the mask once mixed up-I even put my mixture in the microwave for 15 sec to heat it up a lil and then let it sit about 15-20 min or until dry.

The smell is so yummy and relaxing! Chocolate lovers beware! 

After I washed it off with cool water,  (it came off relatively easily) my skin feels super soft and moisturized but also firm and refreshed. I saved my left overs in the fridge for more masks this week to treat my face! 

Loved this one! Great for the Valentines theme! 


Happy Valentines Everyone! Treat yourself!

xoxo Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment